Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Tags and Bookmarks--no clever title this time, sorry

I just loved this quote too much not to copy and paste it somewhere:
"A search engine listing sites deemed trustworthy by actual human librarians, not just a Googlebot"
--Comment on Librarians' Internet Index

Like Wikis, there's a lot of information on Tagging, Del.icio.us, social bookmarking, and the like; easily enough for me to be overwhelmed by and a fair amount that I confess I didn't understand. But in my browsing I have come across tagging and not really paid much attention to it or thought much about what it could be used for. For a library, in particular, it has a great deal of potential. I'm tempted to get an account with del.icio.us just so I can get a better handle on how to use tags, but I think I'll hold off at least until spring break, when I'll have a little more time to experiment. Sooooo much information, so little time.

No comments: